What is a custom tag?
Custom tags allows to extract additionnal attributes that can be attached:
- to a requirement at statement time: statement custom tags
- to a coverage at coverage time: coverage custom tags
- Type: defines the attribute type.
Three type are possible:
- Yes/No for a tag that is just present or not.
- Single-Line text for a tag with a text value on the same line.
- Multi-Line text for a tag with a text value on the same line. The end tag stops the text extraction. If it is empty, the text is extracted until another token (another tag, a new chapter, a new statement etc).
- Cell text for a tag in a table cell. The value is read in the next cell. The document reader plug-in must support table recognition (for example .pdf, .docx).
- List for a tag with a set of possible values. The type 'List' accepts multiple values separated by punctuation (comma, semi-colon, space, non-breaking space). Each value is checked to verify that it belongs to the value list declared in the .cover file. In case of list, the tag can have several values for a same requirement. Several values can be defined on the same line:
#Category A, B
- Name: the name of the attribute used in the reports.
- Description: details to explain the meaning of the attrinute. The description is displayed as tooltip in the EXCEL reports.
- Tag: the tag itself is a keyword used to extract the attribute value from the data source.
Priority: can be created to the statepents and used as follow:
<DSL_0010> Operating System Type: Required Priority: High The software must be compliant with Windows 10.